Detecting Forged IDs and Documents (DFID) Module
Language: English narration and transcript
Who should take this module
- All Covered Persons as specified in the Anti-Money Laundering Act and its amendments, especially front-line personnel and organizations as part of KYC
- Employees of the Covered Persons mentioned above
- Individuals, working professionals, and business owners who are looking to learn basic fraud detection in IDs and documents
For a complete list of Covered Persons under the AMLA, click here.
What you will learn
- The difference between Identity Theft and Identity Fraud
- Definition of Original document according to the law
- Proving the genuineness of a handwriting or signature
- The difference between Forged and Falsified documents
- How to determine if a Covered Person has the capability to identify and verify identities of persons, authenticity, due execution, store information, and perform Risk Assessment (Customer Due Diligence)
- The required Identification Data from Natural Persons and Juridical Persons
- The List of valid ID cards (with an interactive section that shows sample security features of ID cards)
- How to detect forged ID cards
- The Key indicators of forged signatures
Duration: 1 hour and 20 minutes total length
Requirements: There are no prerequisites for this module.
This module includes:
- Interactive e-learning module
- Explainer videos
- Review quizzes and final assessment
- One-year access
- Free content updates within the subscription period
- Certificate of completion
The Detecting Forged ID and Documents Module is a separate module designed to complement AML/CFT Complete and Foundation Courses with vital information to develop skills on detecting fraudulent identification cards and documents. This is to help further strengthen the capabilities of individuals—particularly all Covered Persons—in preventing money laundering and terrorist financing through effective verification measures.
Aside from providing key information on how to detect forged IDs and documents, through the module learners will also be able to thoroughly assess the quality and strength of their current verification process.
The module opens to the discussion on the differences between Identity Theft and Identity Fraud, and proceeds with the legal definition of an “Original document”.
Also included in this module are topics on Authentication and proving the genuineness of handwriting or signature, which are important skills in detecting fraud. Here, the learner will also know the differences between Forged and Falsified documents.
In this module, learners can also expect discussions on how to determine if a Covered Person can identify and verify the identities of persons, authenticity, due execution, storing information, and performing Risk Assessment (Customer Due Diligence), all of which can guide the learners in assessing their current capabilities in dealing with identification and document fraud.
This module has no prerequisites, which can be finished in 1 hour and 20 minutes (including learning checks and the final exam).
Subscription gives the learners access to the module for a full year. Learners will have free access to updates to this module during the entire subscription period.
This module is available with single or group registration options.
- ₱1200 per user per yearQuantity
- ₱1,200.00 for one year